1. How many eyes are typically needed to land on a book for an author to expect one sale?
There's no way to answer that question. The reader might be looking for something different than what they found. They might not really be ready to buy. The best advice for an author is to target potential readers that fit their niche and industry and do a really good job of communicating what the book is about through the title and the cover.
2. What is the typical lag time between a potential reader seeing a new book and actually buying that book?
I believe books are mostly impulse purchases. People go to the Internet for two reasons only. One is to have a problem solved (think non-fiction books), and two is to be entertained (fiction). Either way, people buy books for a specific reason.
3. How many times does a normal future reader need to see a book advertised before they decide to buy?
Again, there's no way to tell that. Advertising gurus will tell you that repetition is key though. As an online marketer myself, we know that if you can put your message in front of a consumer more than five times you have a much greater chance at them taking an action. That's why email lists and social media follows are so important. You can to continuously market. You can't assume people are going to buy at first exposure. They won't, typically.
4. What should an author do to avoid landing in the category with the books that sell a maximum of 500 books over their lifetime?
Build your own platform. Email list. Social media, etc... There's no way around it. You have to have fans and followers. Or spend a lot of money on advertising. The choice is yours. There is no secret to it. It's all hard work. Boo, I know that sucks to hear.
5. Where are you available for authors to easily hire you?
My firm, www.digitalbooklaunch.com helps authors create and market books for the purpose of driving sales, leads and publicity for their business or brand or career. Got an idea for a book? We'll help you make it a reality, in a way that makes sense and actually provides some return on investment for you. Otherwise, what's the point?
6. Do you offer payment plans?
We'll work with anyone's needs. Contact me for a no-cost, no obligation consultation today. Just visit DigitalBookLaunch.comI hope this interview will help some fellow authors.
Check him out if you like what you see.
And again, don't forget our Summer Comedy Event. Follow me on twitter for more: @LATripp2818